QC and 3D Subtitle Stereography Operator
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
To support our growing global Digital Cinema team, the Digital Cinema QC and 3D subtitling stereography operator will have dual responsibilities. The first will be QC of Digital Cinema Packages in all formats including 2D, 3D, HDR, immersive audio, subtitles and accessibility. The role will also include responsibility for the creation of 3D subtitle disparity maps and 3D QC for Digital Cinema Packages and any downstream associated outputs.
Other responsibilities include testing of tools and applications, handling all associated data entry related to work orders, working with other departments and providing regular feedback to the Project Team, Mastering, 2D Subtitling and Content Services.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have extensive theatrical QC experience, experience in creation of 3D stereoscopic subtitles and a solid understanding of the technical aspects of the various content specifications. They will be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude, and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads.
Theatrical QC of Digital Cinema Packages
Creation and QC of 3D stereoscopic subtitles for Digital Cinema and home entertainment
Lead client-attended theatrical QC and 3D subtitling sessions as and when required
Creation and completion of QC reports composing a clear description to note defects and to include proper details for further troubleshooting by the digital cinema team
Active participation in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of any QC rejections
Active participation in UAT of proprietary and 3rd party software tools and applications
Other related tasks as assigned to fulfil responsibilities
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of industry standard tools and technologies in QC and digital media
- Knowledge of image, audio and subtitle digital file formats
- Familiarity and working knowledge of tools and applications including, but not limited to, DVS Clipster and Colorfront Transkoder are essential.
- Experience in DCP and IMF mastering processes is a plus
- Experience in theatrical 2D subtitling is a plus
- Proficient with Mac OS, Windows and Linux systems
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
- Ability to prioritize, manage orders and work well under pressure to achieve deadlines whilst producing high quality work
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer service excellence
- Knowledge of colourspace, aspect ratios, video and audio codecs, compression and other characteristics associated with media is a plus
Minimum 3 years of Digital Cinema QC processes and requirements
Minimum 3 years of experience with theatrical 3D subtitle stereography deliverables
Minimum 3 years of experience in Post Production environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!