Sr. Director, English Operations
Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media localization needs.
Pixelogic Localization group is responsible for helping Hollywood Studios and content owners to get their content to global audiences by providing all language services including scripting, subtitling, access services and dubbing.
To support our continued expansion, we seek a Sr. Director, English Operations to help us achieve operational and linguistic excellence with the highest quality and on time deliveries of localized content for delivery to global distributors (e.g. Netflix, Apple, Amazon, etc.). This position will be key in helping us to build next generation localization workflows to offer premium content localization services.
In addition to being quality and detail oriented, the ideal candidate will be a language and English enthusiast with an appreciation for the importance of regional and cultural differences.
- Responsible for building and managing the Global English Services team
- Responsible for management of English Services projects, quality, workflows and on time deliverables
- Train English editors both locally and at off-site facilities, ensuring that all editors are ultimately meeting highest quality standards and performing to expectations
- Manage the English project schedule for both internal staff and external partners
- Plan complex global projects and manage execution
- Develop and roll out process improvement
- Work with internal staff and management as well as external partners to track weekly capacity
- Must be punctual, dependable, and flexible and possess a team attitude and willingness to adapt to last-minute changes to programming and industry
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- At least 8 years of demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience with building, managing and motivating global teams
- Good to have experience with English template, Closed Captions and SDH creation
- Large-scale project planning experience helpful
- Knowledge of professional scripting, subtitling, and audio software helpful
- Comfortable with computers, Microsoft Office and using different software
- Excellent communication skills, spelling/vocabulary and grammar
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail
- Able to maintain a professional, levelheaded demeanor under all circumstances
- Ability to perform under pressure with changing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work flexible shifts (AM, PM, Weekends) hours when necessary
Pixelogic Media offers an exceptional benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life insurance as well as short & long term disability. We also have an excellent 401k offered through Empower.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!