Director of Graphical Localization & VFX
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
To support our growing team, the Director of Graphical Localization & VFX will be required to lead the graphics teams and spearhead a number of creative, strategic and technical initiatives including definition of end to end graphics processes, best practice and creative approaches across our Digital Cinema and Creative departments to ensure all graphical outputs meet the highest standards of creativity, quality and precision.
Other responsibilities will include engagement with, but not be limited to, workflow and process development, technology roadmaps, opportunities for automation and working closely with other departments including Subtitling, Mastering, Content Services and QC. This role will also encompass some client interfacing including sales activity and client based operational support.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have extensive experience in theatrical graphical localisation for theatrical and home entertainment formats coupled with a solid understanding of all technical aspects of the creative processes at the highest quality standards. They will be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude and must be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads.
- Establish vision and strategy for the Pixelogic’s end to end theatrical graphical localization workflows and pipelines, focusing on theatrical requirements for Digital Cinema
- Lead the vision, development, deployment and continuous improvement of operational graphics teams and quality levels across Pixelogic facilities
- Define and continuously evolve graphics processes, best practice, procedures and technology developments
- Support the research, evaluation, configuration and installation of 3rd party and proprietary graphics related software and hardware, systems and toolsets
- Engage directly with customers to capture their ideas and feedback with the goal of having them improve our graphical services and development roadmap
- Collaborate directly with all internal groups and divisions including Localisation, Mastering operations, Administration, Sales and Technology (R&D and Production IT)
- Ensure information security objectives are translated into tactical goals that guarantee information security objectives are met and exceeded
- Abide by company security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and associated technologies
- Experience with scripting and application development tied to post production workflows
- Experience working with stereoscopic, 4K, UHD, HFR and HDR projects
- Solid understanding of all industry standard image formats
- Good understanding in the principles of colour science
- Good understanding of Digital Cinema formats, frame rates and aspect ratios
- Ability to prioritise, manage work orders and work well under pressure to achieve deadlines whilst producing high quality work
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and be a good team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
- 8+ years of experience in theatrical graphical localization and post-production workflows
- Evidence of managing operational graphics teams
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.