Theatrical Subtitling Content Specialist
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
To support our growing global Digital Cinema team, the Theatrical Subtitling Content Specialist will be required to perform subtitle pre-qualification, technical QC and post processing of all 2D subtitled feature and trailer content, ensuring subtitle assets meet the required standards prior to mastering.
Other responsibilities include the creation of any associated subtitle outputs for downstream and social media, handling all associated data entry related to work orders, working with other departments and providing regular feedback to the Project Team, Subtitling, Mastering, and Content Services.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have previous theatrical subtitling experience and a solid understanding of the technical aspects of the various content specifications they will be handling. They will be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude, and must be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must be able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads.
- Perform subtitle pre-qualification for supplied subtitle files to ensure they meet the required technical specifications.
- QC and post processing of theatrical, HE, and OTT subtitle files, making temporal and positional corrections according to client guidelines and procedures.
- Creation of final subtitle XMLs (and other file based deliverables) for feature and trailer content for Digital Cinema, OTT and Home Entertainment, ensuring outputs adhere to highest quality standards and specifications.
- Advanced final manipulation of translated subtitle assets after receiving files from translators and based on project and client requirements · Creation of media and file based subtitle proofs for client approval.
- Completion of subtitle QC reports composing a clear description to note defects and to include proper details for further troubleshooting.
- Active participation in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of any subtitle rejections.
- Abide by company security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong technical skills and good understanding of Digital Cinema or OTT /HE subtitling formats, frame rates and aspect ratios.
- Working knowledge of professional subtitling software essential.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and ability to adapt to different software.
- Ability to prioritize, manage work orders and work well under pressure to achieve deadlines whilst producing high quality work.
- Familiarity and basic knowledge of tools and applications including, DVS Clipster and Colorfront Transkoder are a bonus.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box.
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks.
- Minimum 1-2 years theatrical subtitling experience gained within a Digital Cinema/Localization Post Production environment.
- Solid understanding of end to end Theatrical and Downstream subtitling workflows and processes.
- Secondary language skills not essential but must have worked with a variety of languages and possess a strong working knowledge of language structures and different alphabets.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.