Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
Shift Needed: Thursday-Sunday (4x10 shift) at 2pm-12am OR 1pm-11pm. Initial training will be during the week.
To support our growing Digital Distribution team in our Burbank facility, the Distribution Encoder will be responsible for creating digital media deliverables and packages in several formats for film and television content. Technical knowledge of digital media and its core components, including video mezzanine formats, audio, metadata, subtitles, closed captions and artwork is necessary. Tasks may include video and audio editorial; transcoding and encoding; frame rate conversions; video repairs and restoration; audio conforming / retiming; subtitle reformats; metadata XML creation / editorial; quality control.
Extensive knowledge of video encoding and transcoding systems is essential. A background in processing UHD media and handling IMF is a plus.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, possesses a flexible attitude, and adapts quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must be able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads. Attention to detail and efficient multitasking is mandatory for the Distribution Encoder role.
- Audio and video program editing, conversion, compression, encoding and quality assurance testing for theatrical and episodic releases
- Strong knowledge of UHD content and IMF
- Familiarity and working knowledge with some tools and applications including but not limited to DVS Clipster, Colorfront’s Transkoder, DaVinci Resolve, Vantage, Aurora, Final Cut Pro and Pro Tools are essential.
- Confident working in subtitling applications, such as EZ Titles, Mac Caption, Annotation Edit.
- Identify and address discrepancies in media files that may arise during the creation and calibration of production reference files and related projects.
- Efficiently utilize various audio and video production tools (audio/video tape machines, compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, etc.).
- Create and review metadata deliverables in various formats, including XML and JSON.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to operate under high pressure situations and handle time-sensitive content.
- Effective communicator and positive team player.