English Editor - Localization Services
Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media localization needs.
Pixelogic Localization group is responsible for helping Hollywood Studios and content owners to get their content to global audiences by providing all language services including scripting, subtitling, access services and dubbing.
To support our continued expansion, we seek an English specialist to help us achieve linguistic excellence with the highest quality of localized content prior to delivery to global distributors (e.g. Netflix, Apple, Amazon, etc.). With the expansion of global audiences, the linguistic quality of media assets is one of the primary needs of our clients. This position will be key in helping us build next generation localization workflows to offer premium content localization services.
In addition to being quality and detail oriented, the ideal candidate will be a language and English enthusiast with a passion for writing and English editing with an appreciation for the importance of regional and cultural differences.
- Responsible for creation of English closed captions, SDH, English templates, Transcripts and dialogue list scripts.
- Annotate key English phrases to high quality of our translation products.
- Maintain quality standards for accuracy and speed.
- Work specified on-call schedule, in addition to regular schedule.
- Must be punctual, dependable and flexible, and possess a team attitude and willingness to adapt to last-minute changes to programming and industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, preferably in English, linguistics and language study majors and/or Entertainment and Media
- Film/Broadcast Captioning and Scripting experience required
- Knowledge of professional scripting, subtitling, and audio software highly desirable
- Comfortable with computers, Microsoft Office and using different software
- Excellent reading skills, spelling/vocabulary and grammar
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure with changing priorities
- Ability to work flexible shifts (AM, PM, Weekends)
*This position will start off as contract, with a potential to become full time*
*Swing shift preferred*
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran, military, or any other legally protected status.
Medical, dental, vision, competitive benefits package.