Digital Media Technician (Localization)
Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media localization needs.
Pixelogic Localization group is responsible for helping Hollywood Studios and content owners to get their content to global audiences by providing all language services including scripting, subtitling, access services and dubbing.
To support our continued expansion, we seek a pre-processing specialist to help us achieve excellence with the highest quality of localized content prior to delivery to global distributors (e.g. Netflix, Apple, Amazon, etc.). With the expansion of global audiences, the quality of media assets is one of the primary needs of our clients. This position will be key in helping us to build next generation localization workflows to offer premium content localization services.
In addition to being quality and detail oriented, the ideal candidate will be a language enthusiast with a passion for globalizing entertainment content with an appreciation for the importance of regional and cultural differences.
- Responsible for the evaluation and augmentation of video, audio and subtitle files for production
- Responsible for automating workflows and processes using scripting tools, proprietary software and third party systems
- Review technical specifications to recommend checks for our quality control process and to facilitate our R&D team for possible automated checks
- Continuously researching and identifying new tools and systems to enhance operational workflows
- Updating workflows and checklists according to client specifications as needed
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is highly desirable
- Experience in localization, access services, media industry and post-production workflows is a plus
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer service excellence
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of tools and devices in digital media including Final Cut and Premiere
- Knowledge of professional scripting, subtitling, and audio software (e.g. Protools, EZTitles, etc.) highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with non-native English speakers
- Deep sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to plan complex projects with urgency
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and enthusiastic to get things done