Content Services Specialist - Digital Cinema
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We are responsible for helping Hollywood Studios and content owners to get their content to global audiences by providing all language services including scripting, subtitling, access services and dubbing. Our products and services span the digital spectrum, from enhanced extras packages promoting digital purchase to physical disc authoring.
Our clients include major Hollywood studios and dozens of independent studios. To date, we’ve delivered thousands of titles to iTunes, Google, Netflix, Amazon, and others. We’ve created a large percentage of iTunes Extras titles available on the App Store, developed the specification of and delivered the first Cross-Platform Extras titles, authored more than eight-thousand DVDs, two-thousand Blu-rays, as well as award-winning tablet and mobile apps.
Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
To support our new Digital Cinema and other departments, the Content Services Specialist will be responsible for checking and conforming the specifications of source materials in preparation for creating outputs including but not limited to Digital Cinema Package (DCP), Interoperable Master Package (IMP), ProRes master files and downstream deliverables, subtitling backgrounds, DVD and Blu-ray. Check and conform may include elements relating to color volume, transfer characteristic, metadata, frame rate, visual spot check, verification of texted and textless materials, shot pickups and inserts, audio retiming, pitch correcting, audio finessing and XML editing. In addition, create and QC of the outputs are required as needed.
Other responsibilities include testing of tools and applications, handling all associated data entry related to work orders, working with other departments and providing feedbacks to Project Team, Mastering and Content Services.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the technical aspects of the various content specifications. They will be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude, and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads.
- Check, prep and conform source materials
- Create and QC outputs of various and different media formats
- Working with and liaising with other internal departments
- Data entry relating to work orders and projects
- Conduct testing relating to tools and applications
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities
- Picture and audio editing, transcoding / encoding, sound syncing and color conversion experience is required
- Solid knowledge of film & digital file formats
- Knowledge in colorspace, aspect ratio, transfer characteristics, video and audio codecs, compression and other char acteristics associated with media is required.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with some of tools and applications including but not limited to DVS Clipster, Colorfront’s Transkoder, DaVinci Resolve, Vantage, Aurora, Final Cut Pro and Pro Tools are essential. In addition, knowledge of any DVD or Blu-ray mastering software is a plus
- Experience in DCP and IMF mastering is a huge plus.
- Experience within a post-production finishing environment or similar. QC experience is a plus
- Proficient with Mac OS, Windows and Linux
- Ability to deal with a high standard of productivity
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Excellent in multi-tasking
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer service excellence
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
- Ability to prioritize, manage orders and work well close to deadlines whilst producing high quality work
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team player
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
- Minimum Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in Post Production environment is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.