Digital Media Technician
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
This is an exciting opportunity to join our fast expanding multidisciplinary team based in Central London.
As a Media Technician you will be performing Operational duties working with industry standard kit processing jobs via our in-house developed workflow system. Duties will include Mastering, encoding, transcoding, manipulating files conforming to Client specifications along with simple conforming and asset re-versioning. A good understanding on 4k (UHD), HDR and IMF experience is also required.
- Conforming content adhering to platform specifications - Amazon ROW / Classic, iTunes, Netflix, Microsoft etc..
- Edit / prep material conforming to broadcast guidelines including censorship purposes.
- A good knowledge and understanding in post-production media workflows including tools such as Final Cut Pro, Clipster, Colorfront transcoder, Adobe Suite and ProTools
- Telestream Vantage experience would be advantageous.
- Must have an understanding of subtitling specification and formats, audio sample rates, video frame rates, SMPTE timecode and traditional multi-channel audio configurations (2.0, 5.1, 7.1) is necessary.
- Localizing static or motion graphics for foreign markets
- Re-versioning and compliance
- Video and audio pre-qualifications, media prep, QCs, and deliverable's
- Attention to detail and a perfectionist mind-set is paramount in this role.
- Abide by security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you.
- 2 years minimal experience in an operational role.
- Understanding of video compression and the various codecs used by broadcasters and VOD platforms
- Passionate about customer experience and customer service excellence
- Hands-on experience with digital media workflows is required
- Good communication skills, have the ability to prioritize your own workload, and the capability to collaborate with and assist other team members.
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Good attention to detail and ability to plan complex projects with urgency
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and enthusiastic to get things done
- Ability to work flexible shifts (AM, PM, Weekends)
- Health Scheme
- 25 days + statutory holidays