IT Technician (UK)
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
- Monitor the internal ticketing system along with completing support
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Install work stations, including hardware setup and software installation
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Updating and maintaining knowledge base along with documentation for common system-related problems to assist support team.
- Out of hours/on-call/shift work may be required
- Ensuring Industry Security standards are maintained for full audit compliance.
- Engage in training opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge in key areas
- Complete any other tasks as requested by your line manager or a senior member of staff
requests within a timely manner where appropriate
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within Information Technology
- Experience with computer and peripheral hardware servicing and repairs
- Experience with Microsoft/Apple/Linux operating systems, including installation and configuration
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation (Cisco and HP)
- Microsoft Training Certification is required along with some IT/Computing qualifications (GCSE, BTEC, A-Level) are preferable but not essential – Apple training is also preferred.
- Ideally ITIL certified.
- Knowledge and understanding of MS office software packages
- Active Directory experience
- Basic Oracle, MSSQL server knowledge - an advantage
- A good standard of written and oral communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, both taking direction from and
- supporting other colleagues
- Team player and able to work independently
- Must have a desire to develop interpersonal and technical skill