Data Operations Manager - Digital Cinema
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
To support our new Digital Cinema and other departments, we are seeking a day-shift Data Operations Manager who manages a team of Data Specialists and day-to-day activities of all data entering or leaving the facility in the form of physical media or electronic transmission and ensure that all security protocols are followed when dealing with sensitive material.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the transmission methods and workflows used widely in the media industry. A background or experience in IT and engineering is a huge plus. They should have knowledge and experience with various physical media formats including films, drives and tapes. They should be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude and adapt quickly in a fast pace environment. They should also be able to work as part of a team that deal with changing priority and workloads.
- Manage a team of data specialists and ensure day-to-day operations are carried out in a timely manner and in accordance to protocols and procedures.
- Create procedures and documentations for workflows, security policies and maintain an internal database of knowledge.
- Administrative tasks including but not limited to managing timesheets, staff scheduling, attending meetings, capacity and load balance planning
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and create reports for issues that arise in the operations and implements solutions to avoid the same issues.
- Work with development team to improve operations such as creation of automated workflows and processes using in house, proprietary software and/or third-party systems.
- Work with various departments to ensure the data operations meets their requirements for pre-qualification, ingestion, delivery and other assigned workflows.
- Continuously research and identify new tools and systems to enhance operational workflows and capabilities.
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities.
- Experience in managing a team in a production environment
- An excellent collaborator and effective communicator who can solve problems and provide solutions in a high volume and tight turnaround environment.
- Experience in transmissions related to the media industry and post-production workflows
- Experience in industry standard delivery and file transfer mechanisms including Aspera P2P, Aspera Faspex, Signiant, Arkena, etc.
- Experience in dealing with storage solutions such as Quantum’s StorNext, Oracle’s Diva or IBM
- Understanding of computer networks, including hardware, protocols and firewalls in a production environment
- Some experience and/or background in IT is required.
- Experience in dealing with different types of physical media formats including drives, tapes, disks as well as managing LTO archive.
- Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer service excellence
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team player
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and enthusiastic towards getting work done.
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is desirable
- Minimum Two (2) to Three (3) years of experience in a data operations environment
- Minimum One (1) to Two (2) years in a supervising or managing position
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience