Payroll & Accounting Specialist
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
*Both Payroll AND Accounting experience is required*
- Process biweekly payroll for 250+ employees utilizing third party payroll software
- Timely communication with employees and managers to resolve time and attendance discrepancies including punches, meal penalties, time-off requests
- Update payroll system with changes of employees’ payroll status, banking information, address changes or any other payroll related change
- Work closely with HR to ensure new hires and departing employee checklist items are all completed
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies that may arise from employees and managers
- Manage payroll vendor relationship; work with payroll vendor on any system/process changes
- Communicate with benefits broker regarding employee changes and insurance billing discrepancies
- Complete biweekly payroll and variance reports
- Biweekly 401(k) funding
- Update biweekly headcount reports
- Prepare monthly journal entries including accruals for payroll, vacation and 401(k) liabilities
- Review and approve monthly benefits invoices and prepare monthly journal entry
- Update monthly labor capitalization calculations
- Manage annual distribution of W2’s and 1099’s
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Coordinate with GL Accountants on the maintenance and update of Payroll GL Mapping
- Manage Manual Payroll checks run
- Help Manage Procure to Pay Process of the Company, which includes among others PO creation, PO tracking and Goods Receipts
- Master Data Management for Vendors, Customers, etc.
- Assists in Audit schedules/requests
- Accounting tasks as assigned
- BA in Accounting/Business Administration
- 3-5 years of payroll and general ledger accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Knowledge of employee labor laws, taxes, relevant legislation, policies and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in Paychex or ADP software preferred
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collect and analyze data efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran, military, or any other legally protected status.