Content Services & Mastering Technician
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
*Monday-Friday swing shift*
To support our growing Digital Cinema and other departments in our London facility, the Mastering Operator will be responsible for creating outputs including, but not limited to, Digital Cinema Packages (DCP), Interoperable Master Packages (IMP), ProRes master files and downstream deliverables, subtitling backgrounds as well as checking and conforming the specifications of source materials. Check and conform may include elements relating to color volume, transfer characteristic, metadata, frame rate, visual spot check, verification of texted and textless materials, shot pickups and inserts, audio retiming, pitch correcting, audio finessing and XML editing. In addition technical QC of the outputs will be required as needed.
Other responsibilities include UAT of proprietary and 3rd party software tools and applications, handling all associated data entry related to work orders, working with other departments and providing feedbacks to Project Team, Mastering and Content Services.
The ideal candidate must have a good understanding of Digital Cinema Mastering. They will be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude, and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must be able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads.
- Create and QC Digital Cinema Packages
- Check and prep theatrical source materials
- Create and QC outputs of various and different media formats
- Data entry relating to work orders and projects
- Conduct testing relating to tools and applications
- Working with and liaising with other internal departments
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience of Digital Cinema Mastering
- Solid knowledge of film & digital file formats
- Knowledge in colorspace, aspect ratio, transfer characteristics, video and audio codecs, compression and other characteristics associated with media is required.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with some of tools and applications including but not limited to DVS Clipster, Colorfront’s Transkoder, DaVinci Resolve, Vantage, Aurora, Final Cut Pro and Pro Tools are essential.
- Theatrical QC experience is required.
- Picture and audio editing, transcoding / encoding, sound syncing and color conversion experience is a plus
- Experience in IMF mastering is a huge plus.
- Proficient with Mac OS, Windows and Linux systems
- Ability to deal with a high standard of productivity
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Excellent in multi-tasking
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer service excellence
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
- Ability to prioritize, manage orders and work well close to deadlines whilst producing high quality work
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team player
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
- Minimum One (1) to two (2) years of experience in Digital Cinema Mastering is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.