Digital Cinema QC Operator
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
To support our growing global Digital Cinema team, the Digital Cinema QC Operator will have the following primary responsibilities: QC of Digital Cinema Packages in all formats including 2D, 3D, HFR, HDR, immersive audio, subtitles and accessibility.
Other responsibilities will include involvement in testing of tools and applications, handling associated data entry related to work orders, working with other departments and providing regular feedback to the Project Team, Mastering, GFX, Subtitling and Content Services.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have QC experience (theatrical preferred) and a basic understanding of the technical aspects of various content specifications. They will be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must be able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads.
The role will be supported with full training for theatrical QC and Digital Cinema workflows.
Working Hours: 7 Day Fortnight
- Theatrical QC of Digital Cinema Packages (DCP)
- Creation and completion of QC reports composing a clear description to note defects and to include proper details for further troubleshooting by the Digital Cinema team
- Active participation in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of any QC rejections
- Client-attended theatrical QC sessions as and when required
- Participation in UAT of proprietary and 3rd party software tools and applications
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfil responsibilities
- Technical skills and basic knowledge of industry standard tools and technologies in QC and digital media
- Basic knowledge of image, audio and subtitle digital file formats
- Familiarity and working knowledge Digital Cinema theatrical equipment is a plus
- Familiarity and working knowledge of tools and applications including, but not limited to, R&S Clipster and Colorfront Transkoder are a plus.
- Experience in DCP and IMF mastering processes is a plus
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux systems
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage orders and work well under pressure to achieve deadlines whilst producing high quality work
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer service excellence
- Basic knowledge of aspect ratios, video and audio codecs, colourspace, compression and other characteristics associated with media is a plus
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills
- Minimum 1-2 years of content QC experience
- Digital Cinema QC experience is a plus
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Post Production environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.