Lead Data Specialist - Digital Cinema
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We are responsible for helping Hollywood Studios and content owners to get their content to global audiences by providing all language services including scripting, subtitling, access services and dubbing. Our products and services span the digital spectrum, from enhanced extras packages promoting digital purchase to physical disc authoring.
Our clients include major Hollywood studios and dozens of independent studios. To date, we’ve delivered thousands of titles to iTunes, Google, Netflix, Amazon, and others. We’ve created a large percentage of iTunes Extras titles available on the App Store, developed the specification of and delivered the first Cross-Platform Extras titles, authored more than eight-thousand DVDs, two-thousand Blu-rays, as well as award-winning tablet and mobile apps.
Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
To support our new Digital Cinema and other departments, we are seeking a Lead Data Specialist who manages the day-to-day activities of all data entering or leaving the facility in the form of physical media or electronic transmission, and ensure that all security protocols are followed when dealing with sensitive material.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the transmission methods and workflows used widely in the media industry. This person should have knowledge and experience with various physical media formats including films, drives and tapes. They should be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. They must able to work as part of a team that deal with changing priority and workloads.
- Ensuring incoming, outgoing, and internal physical elements are properly tracked within the facility
- Ingest source materials via physical media or electronic transmission
- Make all final internal and external deliveries
- Maintain the Storage Area Network and archive all created content
- Vault maintenance
- Follow internal as well as client specific security protocols
- Onboarding new clients/vendors from a transmissions perspective
- Suggest and assist to create automated workflows and processes using in house automation, proprietary software and third-party systems
- Continuously researching and identifying new tools and systems to enhance operational workflows and capabilities
- Create and update workflows and checklists according to internal and client specifications as needed
- Train and lead an efficient team of data specialists
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities
- Experience in transmissions related to the media industry and post-production workflows
- Experience in industry standard delivery and file transfer mechanisms including Aspera P2P, Aspera Faspex, Signiant, Arkena, etc.
- Experience in dealing with different types of physical media formats including drives, tapes, disks etc.
- Understanding of computer networks, including hardware, protocols and firewalls in a production environment; Can minimally assist Engineering with troubleshooting
- Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows
- Ability to prioritize, manage orders and work well close to deadlines whilst producing high quality work.
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer service excellence
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Excellent in multi-tasking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team player
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and enthusiastic towards getting work done.
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is desirable
- Minimum Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a data operations environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.