Director, Human Resources
Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media distribution needs.
To support our continued expansion, we are currently looking for “Roll Up Your Sleeves” problem solvers that can work as part of a world-class team. Our work environment is unique.
The ideal candidate will be a very qualified, experienced, hardworking, hands on, detail oriented successful, human resources professional and be responsible for ensuring a strong human resource function for the Company. He/she will participate as a member of the leadership team, assist with the development of policies and procedures and be responsible for maintaining a highly functional area of human resources. The position requires the ability to provide guidance as a strategic business partner and manage at a high level of discipline and efficiency within a fast-paced, interdependent, high-energy environment. The successful candidate will have strong communication and relationship building skills, be a patient, confident leader who will inspire, motivate, mentor and train our team. A high standard for accuracy and timely work is expected of this individual. He/she will be flexible, adaptable and be committed to the Company’s culture focusing on the customer service, innovation, security and outcome achievement while supporting the Company’s commitment to its employees.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Develops policy and directs/coordinates human resources activities, such as talent acquisition, total rewards, benefits, employee relations, and employee services by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, advocate and respond to employees' inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, policy and cultural questions
- Work with directors, managers and employees to respond to all employee relations issues and performance improvement, corrective counseling/progressive discipline and other human resources issues as needed
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical initiatives aimed at developing, motivating, and retaining top talent
Function as a trusted advisor to managers and capability leads in coaching them on successful problem/conflict resolution and performance management
Provide coaching, development, and training to enhance management capability and accountability
Coach and consult with all employees on policy interpretation and any or all of the focus areas cited above
- Identify and manage employee professional development and implement training
- Oversee effective hiring, orientation and on-boarding of new employees
- Plan, manage and communicate special projects and programs such as employee recognition, wellness, succession planning, employee surveys and performance management
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
- Review, edit and final approvals for new or revised job descriptions
- Prepare and maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leave of absence, transfers, exit interviews, corrective actions, or promotions
- Manage employee handbook updates and revisions
- Manage employee engagement and retention
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees or contract employees
- Support the London office as needed working closely with the MD, EMEA.
- Ensure information security objectives are translated into tactical goals that guarantee information security objectives are met and exceeded.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with payroll processing and benefit administration
- High level of experience in recruiting and interviewing, experience with employment law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management & creative problem solving skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at one time
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Effective organizational, detail orientation and follow up skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at one time
- Ability to work effectively as the leadership team and establish and nurture cooperative working relationships with diverse groups
COMMUNICATION CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and understand employee benefit information and communicate to employees;
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran, military, or any other legally protected status.