DVD Authoring Engineer
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Experience start-up at scale. Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
• Work in a Windows environment using Scenarist and Sony authoring systems and scripts to program and create all aspects of a DVD master.
• Produce DVD authoring projects in a timely and professional manner.
• Work with other staff to produce a unified effort to meet production deadlines and client requirements.
• Develop, or assist in the development of, new tools and techniques for DVD authoring.
• Work in concert with the engineering staff to improve or revise tools and techniques for DVD authoring, and general equipment-related issues.
• Program and test his/her own titles as well as understand and approve programming done by others in the authoring group.
• Prepare production masters as well as create database archives.
• Enforce and run verification tools on finished project to conform to client specification, material handling, and security compliance.
• Perform a preliminary quality check on projects to catch any errors.
• Troubleshoot programming logic issues as well as player compatibility issues. Create solutions to programming issues on an ongoing basis.
• Associate or BS degree in computer science, programming, engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in programming environment, with 3 – 5 years’ experience in DVD-Video or DVD
• Audio programming environment preferred.
• Individual must possess basic software programming experience and working knowledge of (Assembly, Basic, C, C+ , etc.), as well as a fundamental understanding of audio, video, and graphics files and formats.
• Individual will work in a fast-paced, small team environment.
• Individual must be able to work independently within their own process.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.